The fashion party of the year – the Met Gala – is finally upon us.
The event which takes place on the first Monday in the month of May, was, as Vogue’s International Editor-At-Large put it “a glamorous arena for high fashion” and one in which the museum’s exhibitions and the sartorial choices of the designers and attendees are given equal weight in the wider world.
Without further ado, here are our backs for “Best Dressed” at this year’s exhibition, “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology”.
1. Claire Danes in Zac Posen
This was for us hands down the only dress that ‘rose to the occasion’. Zac Posen’s face in the background says it all!
2. Solange Knowles in David Laport
3. Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa
4. Kate Bosworth in Dolce and Gabbana
5. Lucky Blue Smith and Pyper America Smith in H&M
6. Poppy Delevingne in a Marchesa dress and Oroton bag
7. Sofía Sanchez de Betak in Dolce and Gabbana
8. Zöe Kravitz in a Valentino dress and Messika Jewelry
9. Naomi Harris in a Burberry dress and Messika jewelry
10. Karlie Kloss in Brandon Maxwell
To see who else stunned on the red carpet, head to Vogue.com for more.
All images courtesy of Vogue.com.